NEW CONTRACT AWARD: Lisanally Special School
As we move into the latter months of Summer 2021, the demand for prefabricated developments for schools near and far have significantly increased. With schools now in summer recess, the education board are now setting budgets, identifying, and addressing any space shortages they may have. With Lisanally Special School based in Armagh, getting additional space in place for the September start was top of their priority list.
We, at KES Group are proud to announce that we have been assigned modular contractor for this new development plan at Lisanally Special School. This contract involves the build and delivery of a 148SQM modular building, with an internal layout to include the following:
- Sensory room
- 2 Storerooms
- Hygiene room
BENEFITS OF Choosing KES Group
By choosing KES Groups modular building system, Lisanally are significantly benefiting from:
- Little to no disruption to the operations of the school. This is simply because, we have scheduled the production and delivery of the new modular building during the summer months.
- Offsite construction is a significantly quieter method of construction due to the limited time spent onsite, which is critical in this case.
- Offsite construction is a faster method of construction, this is because delays such as weather conditions and COVID-19 restrictions are all eliminated.
- A significant reduction in the number of people at the school premises at one time. With COVID-19 and the new outbreak in variants this is critical for construction workers, teaching staff and pupils.
- A turnkey service; allowing a convenient, stress free service for the staff at Lisanally. On handover, the building will be fully equipped with all required equipment, furniture and technologies required for the teaching staff at Lisanally to get straight into their working day.
Conor McCrossan, Managing Director at KES Group has highlighted the importance of the contracts and the role offsite construction has to play in the future of the educational sector:
“We are delighted to have been appointed as the modular provider for Lisanally, Special School in Armagh. We have a full inhouse team of highly skilled designers, engineers, fabricators, joiners and much more. Our quality management system here at KES Group, ensures all buildings are designed, constructed and delivered to a high standard. Within the educational sector, it is extremely important to meet deadlines, quality and environmental standards, and building regulations. Overall, we are looking forward to playing a part in the delivery of buildings that will help the development of young people as they make their journey through education.”